Pages

Wednesday 20 November 2019

The life of a shoe - Marieta


I knew today was the day. I glared at him as he picked me up and walked along with me. I could see the other pairs yelling out to me. It was dark and I didn't know what to do. Finally, I see light, I could feel his warm toes tickling the inside of me. My hair was being nicely tied up into pigtails. I felt like I was in a fashion show. We went along and I could see so many things! but suddenly as he took another step I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. OHH NO!! "splat" eww I felt icky and sticky. It tasted disgusting. I felt like I was  glued to the floor. My body shouted for help but no one heard me. I looked around and saw other pairs staring at me. I felt embarrassed as soon as I kept going. I can feel his sweat along my body as he stomps faster and faster. All of a sudden I see something yellow heading towards me. I close my eyes, I was too scared to see. As I slowly opened my eyes I felt clean and fresh. I thought to myself "that wasn't so bad after all".

This week for Writing we are learning about Personification. The meaning to personification is when human qualities are given to no-living objects for example " The chair ran using its legs ". I have created a story using the five senses. The five senses are: Taste, See, Feel,Hear and Smell. I choose to write about the life of a shoe. The challenge for today was to find a partner and face back to back. You were not allowed to talk to each other. One person would write one sentence while the other partner would check for their mistakes, then he or she would write a new sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment