Pages

Monday 31 December 2018

Let it rain - Summer Learning Journey


Today I have finished a sentence that was about the acid rain. Acid rain is really bad for you. If acid rain hits the ground it will destroy plants because it is polluted. I would be a bit scared in acid rain had hit New Zealand. Well here is my finished sentenance:

New Zealand was hit by a massive acid rain storm. Acidic rain fell for three days and three nights. When the rain fell, I stayed inside with my friends and family. When it stopped, however, me and your family decided to go for a walk outside. I opened the door and everything was destroyed. No more plants, dried grass. It was terrible. Smiles turned upside down. It was dark, cloudy and horrible. Everyone went back inside and watched the news to see if there was any updates. Turns out nature was ruined for everyone. The acid rain had destroyed out beatiful New Zealand. This wasn't good at all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marieta,

    Congratulations on finishing this activity. I am very proud of you for doing this. The image looks very nice. I love the adjectives that you've used for this story. My best part is when you said Acidic rain fell for three days and three nights. Did you enjoy this task?

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marieta! I really enjoyed reading your story about after the acid rain. It was very interesting and I liked the detail of it. What would you do to help save the planet from the acid rain? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marieta,
    Well done on finishing this Summer Learning Journey activity. Having a acid rain would be pretty disastrous because if it destroys all of our trees, then we won't be able to get enough oxygen. Hopefully that doesn't happen in real life! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marieta!

    Wow what a rollercoaster ride this story is! I am so glad that everyone returned safely in the end!
    That would be a horrible feeling having to wait for three days and nights before you could go outside to find your family and friends.

    I like the way you have described the surrounding environment in your story too, it sounds very eerie!
    How do you think you would feel walking through that?
    I can only imagine seeing areas that are so familiar to you looking one way being completely changed!
    Did you use anything for inspiration for this story?

    After reading this I hope that acid rain never hits New Zealand!!

    Ka pai Marieta!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete