Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2019

My Favourite Celebration

Let me tell you about Christmas in my family. Personally in our family Christmas is not only about presents, but for me it's about spending quality time together and praying.


This year Christmas is on Wednesday December, 25th. I wake up in the morning yelling, " MERRY CHRISTMAS!". I ran to the Christmas tree as fast as I could bothering my mum asking her if I could open my presents but, she always says " no, wait until after we celebrate". 


During Christmas our family does, a lot of things such as: play games, eat food, have devotion and open our presents. Every year we call to Nadi, Fiji to see how my relatives are doing. They're always smiling and greeting me with such a positive attitude saying, " Hi Marieta, Merry Christmas!".


My family are always thankful with what we receive. I love seeing my family laugh, smile and enjoy this day. Presents can be something good, yet one thing that I really enjoy is spending time with my family. This is why Christmas is my favourite celebration.


This week for writing we have been learning about commas and where we put it in our writing. We use commas in a List, to separate dialogue, for date/year, introductory words, before FANBOYS and city/suburb. Our challenge today was to write about our favourite celebration using 5-7-10. We get 5 minutes to write, 7 minutes to give feedback and forwarder with a friend and 10 minutes to edit it or finish it off. My favourite celebration is Christmas. I talked about what me and my family do during Christmas and what it means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment