Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Logging - Summer Learning Journey

For day 5 first activity I get to talk about whether if logging should be allowed in New Zealand. The loggging I mean is the one were men or women cut down logs to create things. I think that logging should be allowed in New Zealand becuase it would help us create more pencils, drum sticks, drawers and more. Another reason to why we should have loggers in NZ is because without it thier wouldn't be a job called building and most people such as my cousin brother loves to build stuff and he is really good at it. These are my reason to why we should have loggers.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marieta,

    What a great and outstanding blog post about your activity. I love your statements, because I think that I chose logging to be allowed in New Zealand. What do your siblings think about logging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Marieta,
    I agree logging should be allowed and shouldn't at the same time because.. If you cut down trees that is where monkeys and other animals they won't really have a home. But If you do you can earn a lot of money and in some trees their are honey. Your have great reasons to tell us why we should have loggers.

    Keep it up Marieta!
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marieta,
    Well done on finishing this activity. I kind of agree with you because I think that cutting down trees is a necessity because we need the wood to make things like houses but it also removes the habitat of animals. Would you want to work as a logger when you are older? Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Marieta,

    I must say, it's very interesting to hear what you have to say. Yes, you are absolutely correct, logging will definitely provide opportunities for people to have jobs, good thinking! I love the way you have thought about this topic as well as the ideas you have come up with and I agree with you. We definitely do need to continuously build houses, furniture and use firewood but we also need to be careful about how much forest we are cutting down so we must find a good balance, what do you think?

    Good news: The government has set a goal to plant one billion trees by the year 2028. That's a lot of trees! If you would like to find out more information about the One Billion Trees Programme, head on over to the website I have linked here:
    https://www.mpi.govt.nz/funding-and-programmes/forestry/planting-one-billion-trees/

    Keep up the wonderful work,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete