Pages

Thursday 15 February 2018

Place Values Strategy


This week for maths we are learning about Place Values. We are all in new groups for 2018. I'm in Mrs Anderson's groups for maths. We learnt how to add up strategies with place values. I actually learnt something new this week. I never knew you could add with place values. But now I know and will be using it for more strategy in future. What I had to do was I had to find a partner. My partner was Mele. Then we played a game called superfingers. What you need to play this game is a white board and a white board marker and 2 dice for you and you partner. Then you have to do is to roll the dice.The number you get is the number you have to add or multiply. You have to say the answer before your partner does. Once you say the right answer before your partner you have to cross out the letter from the word super fingers. First one to cross all the letters wins. This game was really fun. Then we had to create a DLO with a problem and a video to show how to work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment