Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey

Today on the Winter Learning journey I was looking for some facts on Olympia.I found 3 facts,

Fact 1:Olympia Greece was a site of the olympics game,it would be celebrated every 4 years by the Greece.

Fact 2:The Greek Olympics, thought to have begun in 776 BC, inspired the modern Olympic Games (begun in 1896)

Fact 3: The Games were held in honor of Zeus, king of the gods, and were staged every four years at Olympia, a valley near a city called Elise.

2 comments:

  1. You have found three really interesting facts about Olympia. Good job, Marieta. For this activity we were also hoping that you might find three interesting facts about a famous wrestler named 'Milo of Croton.' Have you ever heard of him? Apparently he was so strong that he was able to tear trees apart with his bare hands and hold up the roof of a house when it collapsed. I wish that I was half as strong as him!

    Do you consider yourself to be a strong person?

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks For the comment Rachel,No I won't consider being strong because I like the way I am already weather I'm strong or not:)

    ReplyDelete