Pages

Saturday 22 December 2018

Bumble Bee - Summer Learning Journey



Today for this activity I get to fill in the blanks for the Unbee-Livable Facts about Bumblebee. I think that this is a good acivity because I don't really know much about Bublebees. Here are the sentences:

  1. The word ‘bumblebee’ is a compound word (bumble + bee). The word ‘bumble’ means to _Hum, Buzz, Drone, or to move ineptly or flouderingly
  2. Bumblebees can fly very quickly. They can reach ground speeds of 54 kilometres per hour (km/h).
  3. Bumblebees can do more work and carry more pollen than other bees, including honeybees. In fact, they can do  50 times as much work as a normal honeybee.
  4. The number of bumblebees is declining in New Zealand due to a number of factors, including removal of wildflowers and flowering tress 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marieta,

    I love the image of the bumble bee soo much. It reminds me as a bee that stung me last time. I love the way that you've answered in the blank spaces. To me when I read it, it sounds right. Do your siblings agree with this? I kind of.

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marieta,
    Well done on finishing this Summer Learning Journey activity. It's sad to hear that the bumblebee numbers are declining in New Zealand. Hopefully people will stop removing wildflowers and flowering trees. Keep up the excellent work Marieta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marieta,

    You've done a superb job on filling in the blanks for each of these unbee-lievable facts about bumblebees! Bumblebees are amazing little insects, aren't they? Don't forget to check whether or not you may have missed out one more fact.

    Do you like bumblebees? My dad is a beekeeper so we have a few beehives in our back garden. Our bees are honeybees, not bumblebees though. I get a little nervous to stand too close to the beehives in case I get stung but these bees work so hard everyday that they never seem to notice me when I lean in a little closer to have a look! Do you think you would be brave enough to stand next to a beehive?

    Keep up the hard work,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete