Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey - My Maths Problem



Today for this activity I solved a maths problem that is about the Colosso Squid. This squd is known to be the most heaviest squid possible. Here in NZ we have a full size Colsosso Squid at the Te Pappa Muesuem in Wellington and the want to move it agian. This squid is about 500 kg. I need to see how much kids and adults it would need to move it. Adults can carry 25 kg of the squid and kids can lift 15 kg of the squid. I think the answer to this is that 13 adults and 12 kids are needed to life this squid because I used the easiest way and just added 25 + 15 over and over again like this:

25 + 15 + 25 + 15 + 25 + 15 + 25 + 15 + 25 + 15 + 25 + 15 + 25 + 15 + 25 + 15 + 25 + 15 + 25 + 15 + 25 + 15 + 25 + 15 + 25 = 505

Rachel said that their is a various amount of answers and my answer was 505. I got that answer because of the 5 at the end of 25.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marieta,

    Nice formula that you've used. I did this activity too, but I used a different formula. Go on my blog and see what I did. I love the image that you've used. It is good to see that you can solve math's problems, by using different types of math's strategies.

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Marieta,
    Your Maths problem is pretty long. That picture looks kind of disgusting because their is blood on the squid. How long did it take for you to add up all the numbers together? I think my answer took 5-10 minutes. Did you solve it on a paper or did you use a calculator from google.


    Keep it up Marieta!
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marieta,
    Well done on finishing this Summer Learning Journey activity. I think you have done a great job solving this math problem. However, it is a little bit long, do you know a shorter method? Keep up the amazing work Marieta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marieta! Good effort on this! There are lots of different formulas to use for sure, and yours is one of them.
    If you get a chance see if you can come up with a different way to get to exactly 500!

    Way to go!

    Talk soon
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete