Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

My Favourite Food Recipe - SLJ

Today for another activity I get to tell you guys my favourite food and how to make it. My Fvaourite food would be Quiche pronounced ( k-e-e-s-h). I like this food becuase it is very yummy. It is also very healthy because it has eggs and other veggies but it also has bacon in it to so it dosen't taste to veggie.

Here is what you need:


  • 1cup shredded cheese (2 to 4 oz.)
  • 1baked pie crust (9-inch)
  • 1 cup filling 
  • EGGS
  • 1cup milk1
  • 2 tsp of dried thyme leaves OR other herb
  • 1/2tsp of salt

How to make it:  
Heat the oven to 375°F. Sppread the cheese evenly in bottom of pie shell, Top the cheese in a even layer mix  eggs, milk, thyme and salt in medium bowl until blended. Carefully Pour the filling in pie shell. BAKE in center of 375°F oven until center is almost set but jiggles slightly, when dish is gently shaken and knife inserted near center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Let it set for 5 minutes. CUT into wedges.





5 comments:

  1. Hi Marieta,

    Your food sure sounds yum. It would've been better if you added the image in. "Yuuum". I like it how you've ordered the ingredients in logical order. That will help everyone who is making Quiche.

    Nice One!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Marieta,
    My family usually makes mash potatoes and gravy! Its taste delicious. I have seen keesh at the bakery and my sister loves to eat it. Did you get it from online or does your family make it?

    Keep it up!
    That recipe looks delicious!
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marieta! Your Quiche sounds amazing, I love eating them as well. Ones I've ate have had ham and tomatoes. The sound of one makes me hungry. Maybe you could have used a photo to go along in your post. What do you like to have in your Quiche? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marieta,
    Well done on finishing this Summer Learning Journey activity. Your Quiche sounds delicious. Maybe next time you could say how many eggs are needed for the recipe as you forgot to list them this time. Also, maybe you could add a picture of a Quiche so people know what it looks like. Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Marieta,

    I'm Evelyn and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey team for 2018-2019 to read and follow amazing blog posts like yours! I am so excited to read what pops into that wonderful brain of yours and hope you are having fun on this journey!

    Mmmm yum, quiche sounds really good! The day would begin fantastically if we could have quiche for breakfast even though it wouldn't be the typical breakfast option. How often do you have this food? If I could, I would probably have this from breakfast, lunch and dinner! I think it would go nice with some freshly squeezed orange juice or some good old L&P. Thank you for the recipe Marieta, I've got it copied down!

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete