Pages

Monday 24 December 2018

My Interesting Bird - Summer Learning Journey

Today for another activity for the Summer Learning Journey I have found some interesting facts about a bird that I chose from this SITE!.  I learnt that the Kereru bird has been crowned bird of the year. So I found another bird that got my attention. This bird is called Banded Dotterel ( Phowera ). This bird lives in NZ, Auckland and it likes to eat berries of shrubs such as Muehlenbeckia and Coprosma. Did you know that the Banded Dotterel can live in NZ for at least 42 years.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Marieta! You're bird looks fantastic and very beautiful, I love the colour combination. Well done on attributing your photo and finding out more information for this activity. If you could be a bird, would you be that one? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Marieta!
    This bird looks really cute that you have chosen to pick. That's great you attributed this image. I chose a bird that had the least votes so I chose this one that had 53 votes.

    On the site it shows different photos of birds which bird would you want to keep?

    Keep it up Marieta!
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marieta,
    Well done on finishing this Summer Learning Journey activity. I think that you have done a great job. The Banded Dotterel looks really cool. If you could have it as a pet, would you? Keep up the excellent work Marieta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marieta!

    Thank you for sharing some information on the Banded Dotterel! I have not heard of this bird before ...maybe I have seen them running along the beach I'm not sure! :)

    What made you pick this bird for bird of the year?
    Have you seen one before?

    They do look pretty adorable, I like the different tones of colour they have on their bodies. I can't believe they can live for 45 years!!

    Do you have a pet bird at home?
    I had a pet bird when I was younger called Petrie after the dinosaur from 'Land Before Time' : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnjrwacqDLc
    Funny name aye :)

    Awesome work with this activity, ka pai!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete