Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Polluted Rivers - Summer Learning Journey

 ( Wairua River )

 ( Tukituki River )


For this activity I have found two rivers that are polluted in New Zealand. The Wairua River and the Tukituki river are known to be dirty polluted rivers that are located in New Zealand. The Wairua River is in the Northland of NZ. Their is a running community based group that is dedicated to saving the Wairua River. They have created a Electricity generator TrustPower of its intention to build and operate a hydroelectric power scheme on the river. The Tukituki River is located in Hawks bay of NZ. The Green party have said their thoughs saying that Tukituki river is precious and loved rivers. They are planning to work and clean this river if they are elected into governtment next year.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marieta,

    I love the two polluted rivers that you have selected. I chose the Selwyn and Waikato river. It is good to learn about the two river that you chose. I love learning about people's learning. I did not know that they are planning to work and clean this river if they are elected into government next year.

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marieta,
    Well done on completing this Summer Learning Journey activity. It's great to hear that people are trying to clean up these two polluted rivers. Hopefully they'll manage to clean the Wairua river and the Tukituki river. Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marieta!

    My name is Ellee I am another commentor on the Summer Learning Journey!
    I hope you have had anamazing school holidays? :)

    This is a great summary of what you have found about polluted New Zealand Rivers! I like that you have clearly named, located the river and explained what is happening to keep them clean!

    It is a real shame that our rivers are not being taken care of the way they should be, I believe we shouldn't have any polluted rivers due to human activity - I am really happy to hear that people are taking action though!

    I used to like riding my bike down to the local river with my brother and dog in the summertime - we would spend the whole afternoon swimming and getting into mischief!
    Do you spend lots of time at your local river swimming during the summer?

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete