Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

Weaving - Summer Learning Journey


For week 2 day 2 the first activity is about Flax Weaving. I watched a video that shows me how to make a fiish ( Ika ) out of Flax. On my blog I get to tell you guys wheather I would try flax weaving. I would definitely try out Flax Weaving beacause I am determine to try new things even if I may not be good at it. This sounds very intersting to me becuase it would be better to make things handmade like a baskets or mats. Overall I think this would be a great activity to do because when you are bored you can just create some mats or cloakes.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marieta,

    Nice photo that you've got. Nice statement to this activity. I did this activity too. I would like to do flaxing, because it sounds and looks interesting. Just like I would be determined to try this out, because it is something traditional that we do back in Tonga. What do your family members think?

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Marieta,
    I would definitely try it out because its creative and fun. In our Pacific cultures we make those, we creat fans. The designs on the Flax Weaving makes it look cool. Has your family designed q flax weaving?


    Keep it up Marieta!
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marieta,
    Well done on finishing this activity. I would also like to know how to weave using flax. I think it would be a very interesting skill because if you need something like a basket to hold your items, you could just make one. Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marieta,

    I'm going back and finding posts to comment on. This one is great! You've got the best attitude of all to try new things out even if you may not be a natural. That's awesome! Who would you give your bags and stuff do once you made it?

    Thanks for coming on this journey with us

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Marieta! I agree that this would be a fun activity to do when your bored. I'd love to try flax weaving so I can learn to create a variety of skilled things. Do you know what else flax can be used for? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete