Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

DOC Ranger - Summer Learning Journey

Today for another actvity I get to tell the pros and the cons about being a DOC Ranger. Pros are good and cons are bad. At the end I think I would not like to be a DOC Ranger because of most of the incidents that happens

Cons:

  •  There are everyday hazards, 
  • Lots of incidents 
  • Many DOC Rangers feel like other people are abusive


Pros:
  • Getting to manage and protect native wildlife, habitats and plants.
  • maintain tracks, toilets, huts, signs, fences.
  • control and monitor pests and weeds, and run native plant nurseries.

4 comments:

  1. Greetings Marieta,
    Your doing so well in the summer learning journey! I agree with Cons because you get to save abused animals and look after them. I use to think of not being able DOC Ranger but now I want to safe dangerous animals but I hope they don't attack me. You made a great pons list but I'm not convinced of not being able DOC Ranger.

    Keep it up!
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malo E Lelei Marieta,

    What an outstanding blog post. It's good to see you getting active and commenting on other people's blog. These listed pros and cons of your's are amazing. I agree with you, especially when you said many DOC Rangers feel like other people are abusive. Did you enjoy doing these activities? Why?

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marieta,
    Well done on finishing this Summer Learning Journey activity. The pros and cons that you have listed are great. I totally agree with you, being a DOC ranger would be a pretty dangerous career as if something bad happens to you, you might be isolated. Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Marieta,

    Another great Summer Learning Journey blog post from you. I can imagine that being a DOC ranger would be a very hard job. They do such an amazing job to protect our wildlife in New Zealand. What is your favourite animal?

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Talk soon,

    Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete