Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Off the Menu - Summer Learning Journey



Today for this activity I get to talk about a rule that is set for fishers. The rule is that if you are caught overfishing ( catching way too much fish ) you are fined with the amount of 100 00 dollers just for over fishing. I think that this is not a great rule because you never know that those people are in a business or need food. Some people out their can't afford to make food so one thing they can do is have a stock of fish to help them have a full stomach. Back in my Island ( Fiji ) we all love fish and many visitors would love to eat fish for lunch or dinner. Overall I think that this rule should stop for various reasons.

4 comments:

  1. Greetings Marieta,

    What an outstanding blog post from you. I love the image that you've used, but remember to give credit to the author as always. I agree with your statement, because I had the same agreement with you about this topical issue. What do your siblings think?

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marieta! I really enjoyed reading your whole idea and opinion about this. I agreed that this wasn't the best rule because the huge amount fined. If you were a fisher, would you agree or still disagree? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marieta,
    Well done on finishing this Summer Learning Journey activity. I agree with you. I also think that 100,000 is a huge amount and people shouldn't be fined that much just for taking more fish than average. I still think that they should be fined but 100,000 is ridiculous. Keep up the excellent work Marieta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Marieta, it's Billy here again from the Summer Learning Journey. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on whether or not people who are caught overfishing should be fined up to $100,000. You're right, it does seem like a lot of money. I think the fine is in place to target people who take much more than they need. People are worried that if people continue to over fish then eventually there will be no sea life in our waters.

    Have you ever been fishing? If so, did you use a fishing rod or a net? Was it off a boat or a wharf?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete