Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Weird and Wonderful - SLJ


Today I have solved a maths problem frm the Summer Learning Journey. This was the activity. I got to use my math mind to solve a wuestion that refers to a plant. This plant is called a cactus. I got to imagine I had a cactus and feed it 3 ml of water every day in a year. The answer to this equation is 1095. I solved this by getting the total amount of the year which is 365 and I times it by 3 ml therefore the answer to this is 1095 ml of water would be the amount of water I gave to my plant in a year.

4 comments:

  1. Greetings Marieta,
    I thought this challenge was hard for me to solve because I needed to think of the strategy to use. Your answer is correct because when a comment on people's blog I see the answer in someone's comment. Your doing well in the summer learning journey!

    Keep it up!
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marieta,

    What an outstanding blog post from you. I love the image so much. I did this activity too and I got the same answer too, which was 1095 right. I just used a different formula though, I think I did. Your formula and answer should be correct.

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marieta,
    Well done on finishing this activity. Your working out is great. I like how you remembered to add the milliliters sign (ml) at the end of your answer. Imagine surviving on just 3mls of water a month. I would get so thirsty. Keep up the amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Marieta,

    Wow - great math! I like how you have worked this number out so easily. It is crazy that Cacti need such a little amount of water to survive. Have you ever grown a plant at home?

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Talk soon,

    Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete