Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Translating Phrases

  1. Welcome to New Zealand
  2. __Marieta__ is my name.
  3. What is your name?
  4. I like to play rugby
  5. Where do you come from?

For this activcty we had to do some translating. I learnt that most Euro didn't speak maori and with the maori it was hard to understand english. So in this we had to do Te Reo Māori or from Te Reo Māori to English. The One on the top is english and the one on the bottom is Maori.I got and extra one on the bottom for thoose who knows english and Moari!.

  1. Nau mai ki Aotearoa.
  2. Ko Marieta toku ingoa
  3. He aha to ingoa?
  4. He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro.
  5. No hea koe?


  1. Nau mai ki Aotearoa.
  2. __Marieta__ is my name.
  3. What is your name?
  4. He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro.
  5. Where do you come from?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marieta,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey! It's great to see you have been moving through all of these activities so quickly. Well done!

    You've done a good job of translating these sentences. Well done. Could you choose something you like to do and tell me about it in Maori?
    For example, I like to play the piano. In Maori I would say that like this: He pai taku ki te takaro i te piana.

    Have a go!
    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marieta
    Great job on completing this summer learning journey activity. You translated all of these phrases brilliantly. I like how you remembered to add you name on the second phrase (Some people forgot to do that). Keep up the excellent work Marieta.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete