Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

The Right to Vote

For week 2 activicty I got to learn about the Woman not votiing. I learnt that a brave woman called Kate Sheppard helped make the Woman vote. With all her work is paid of. BUt their is still some countys with woman that can't vote. So on my blog I had to tell you guys what I think about the fact that women were not allowed to vote in Saudi Arabia until 2015. Is it fair? Why or why not?

I think it is not fair because woman should have the rights to do what they want. I f I was their I would be like Kate and work hard untill the allow woman to vote. THis is not fair because what if they had an equal amount of men and an uneaqual amount of woman there and they had a presedient voting going on. What if there were 2 men in and had the equal amount of men but woman still couldn't vote. Thoose 2 men would feel bad because 1 woman won't allowed to vote. 2. THey got the eaqual amount of votes and 3 because they let their country down.So I am going to say this once more. Let all woman vote!.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marieta,

    I totally agree with you, let all woman vote! I found outrageous that in Saudi Arabia only in 2015 women were allowed to vote. So, as you can see we still have some work to do to bring equal rights between men and women around the world. I am so proud to be a New Zealander because despite the fact that we are a very small country, New Zealand was the first country to let women vote, this is so cool right?!
    For the future consider to add an image to your post, in this case perhaps a image of Kate Sheppard or the women voting in Saudi Arabia, as this would support your written and make it even more interesting and engaging.
    Good job!
    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marieta
    Well done on finishing this summer learning journey activity. I also agree with you - women should have had the right to vote as soon as voting was invented. We are all human beings and should all have the same rights. Keep up the excellent work Marieta.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete