Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Pephea

Ko ______________Delimakotu__________ te maunga    The mountain that I affiliate* to is…
Ko _____________Rewa___________ te awa          The river that I affiliate to is….
Ko ________________________ te waka The waka that I affiliate to is…
Ko ________________________ tōku tīpuna My founding ancestor is…
Ko ________________________ tōku iwi          My tribe is…
Ko ________________________ tōku hapu My sub-tribe is…
Ko ________________________ tōku marae My marae is…
Ko ____________Fiji____________ ahau I am from…
Ko_____Railala___ rāua ko ___Suliasi________ōku mātua  My parents are … and …

Ko _____________Marieta___________ tōku ingoa. My name is …

For this week we had to write down our pephea. I only wrote in some of it because I don't know the rest and beacuse we don't have a tribe and that. We had to make a video of this too. We had to record us saying our pephea.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marieta,

    Well done! You have done a good job with your pepeha! Sometimes when you're talking about your tribe and sub-tribe you can talk about the people.
    In my pepeha I say that my tribe is the Irish people (or my ancestors) and my sub-tribe is the Simpsons (my extended family). You could use these sorts of ideas for your pepeha as well perhaps? Maybe have a go adding those ideas in there.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marieta
    Great job on finishing this summer learning journey activity. Your pepeha is great. If you can, please try to finish the remaining bits. Keep up the amazing work Marieta!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete