Pages

Sunday 24 December 2017

Leading New Zealand

Leading New Zealand
Week 3, Day 5 (Bonus Activity)








Name of Prime Minister: __Jenny Shipley___________________________________
Date of Birth: _______4th February 1952_______________________________________

Political Party: National
Number of Years as Prime Minister: 2 years
Three interesting facts about my chosen Prime Minister:
1.She has 2 children
2.She was the first woman to have led the National party
3.She is 65 years old
For today I had to learn about 1 prime minister. What I had to do was I had to make a template then I had to use google to find info about a prime minister. I could choose out of 4 prime minister.I choose Jenny Shipley.I learnt a lot about her.


2 comments:

  1. Talofa Lava Marieta,
    It's Mele here. Thanks for sharing your interesting facts to us about Jenny Shipley. Guess what I never knew she has any kids. Would you want to become a prime minister?
    Great Work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marieta

    It's Allie here again from the SLJ team.

    Well done picking your Prime Minister to profile. You have chosen a very interesting person to tell us about. Jenny Shipley will always be famous for being the first women to become Prime Minister in New Zealand. And the first women to lead the National Party.
    I found it interesting that she was a teacher before she went into politics. I didn't know that about her.

    I think it is great that we now have another woman as Prime Minister and I hope that Jacinda Ardern does a good job too.

    Do you think this is something you would like to do?

    I wonder what is was like for her kids when she was Prime Minister?
    Imagine if your Mum was Prime Minister! How would you feel?

    Awesome research about Jenny Shipley.

    Keep blogging!

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete